Note: This sample job description is provided as an example only. Each section should be carefully updated to reflect your specific requirements prior to being copied and pasted into a GOVPROP job profile.
Technical editor sample job description (Word document)
- Involves basic editing of technical documents and technical proposal sections for GPO and NHTSA compliance and to eliminate obvious or egregious errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, or content.
- Includes editing for consistency within a publication and among all NHTSA publications.
- Involves some reworking of text. (i.e., choosing better or more appropriate words, tightening text).
- Includes extensive revision and editing such as rewriting or reorganization of text as necessary.
- May encompass adding or deleting text as needed.
- Edited documents and proposal sections
Out of Scope Items:
- Proposal management
- Oral proposals
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 6 years of professional experience, of which, at least three must be in a technical domain area related to Cyber or C4ISR.
- At least three years of experience writing and editing technical and proposal documents.
- Ability to write clear, concise, compelling language.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Due to strict deadlines and fast paced environment, must be able to work with minimal direction, and work well in team environment.
- Must be willing to self-start and manage multiple deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including expert level use of Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.