Note: This sample job description is provided as an example only. Each section should be carefully updated to reflect your specific requirements prior to being copied and pasted into a GOVPROP job profile.
Strategic planning sample job description (Word document)
- Evaluate existing company marketing and business information and key employee feedback (through telephonic interviews).
- Prepare a SWOT analysis based on findings.
- Facilitate a two-day strategic planning meeting with key company staff to identify a high-level business growth strategy to achieve company government business growth objectives. Brief SWOT assessment results. Agenda items to be considered include mission and vision, operational model/strategy, core services, target government agencies, channel/reseller strategy and business development process along with a set of priority actions and recommendations.
- Develop a streamlined PowerPoint business strategy template to be used during the planning session.
- Deliver a final Microsoft PowerPoint® presentation strategic plan.
- SWOT analysis PowerPoint report
- Strategic planning session agenda
- Final PowerPoint strategic plan
Job Out of Scope Items:
- Detailed financial analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years experience as a senior executive for a government contractor doing federal business
- Five years experience facilitating strategic planning sessions with government contractors
- In-depth familiarity with the government procurement process and market forces
- In-depth business background
- Ability to work in PowerPoint
- Strong facilitation, writing and communications skills
- VERY organized!