There are several terms to consider in an SBIR cost proposal.
- One month of PI time on Phase I. Two months in Phase II.
- Adequate person-hours of engineering and technical personnel.
- Travel must be directly related to carrying out the project.
- Must establish engineering overhead rate and General & Administrative (G&A) rate.
- All direct cost items must by justified.
- Must show ability to capture direct (time sheets) and indirect costs as they occur (purchase orders).
- An accounting system appropriate for government contracts must be in place before a Phase II award can be made.
- Pre-award audits and post award audits are likely to be made.
– Eric Adolphe