Note: This sample job description is provided as an example only. Each section should be carefully updated to reflect your specific requirements prior to being copied and pasted into a GOVPROP job profile.
Risk assessment sample job description (Word document)
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for SYSTEM Information Technology leadership and staff for process development on issues of internal controls, compliance, evidence and other topics as required. This activity may include investigating assertions as to process compliance, evaluating evidence, including quality and sufficiency and evaluating whether proposed or existing processes meet control objectives.
- Lead the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Design Effectiveness Assessment of the SYSTEM applications, including the review, documentation, evaluation and reporting on the effectiveness of process design in meeting control objectives for systems, applications and processes determined to be in-scope for the program requirements.
- Risk assessment report
- Trade-off analyses
- Risk mitigation identification report
Job Out of Scope Items:
- Risk mitigation implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or engineering
- Ten years experience working for a government contractor in a senior software engineering role
- Five years experience performing complex software system risk assessments
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Design Effectiveness Assessment
- Strong writing ability
- Strong communication skills