The purpose of the final publication is to publish and package the proposal for delivery. Final publication steps include:
- Implementing the Gold Team mark-ups
- Producing a master electronic copy in compliance with RFP
- Performing a page-by-page QC check
- Performing a QC check on the electronic version
- Producing and proofing a master (original) hard copy for compliance with RFP requirements
- Producing the remaining hard copies per the RFP requirements
- Performing QC on the hard copies
- Packaging and labeling per the RFP instructions
- Obtaining Capture Manager signature of receipt of the proposal
The multiple QC checks are focused on compliance. Compliance with RFP publishing instructions is as vital are compliance with content requirements. The Proposal Manager and Publishing Manager (if there is one) are responsible for reading, understanding, and complying with the RFP instructions. The Proposal Manager defines the publishing requirements for each proposal.
Following packaging and QC of the package, the Publishing Manager obtains the Capture Manager’s signature for receipt of the proposal. The next step is implementation of the delivery plan.
— Melanie Baker & Mike Lisagor