Note: This sample job description is provided as an example only. Each section should be carefully updated to reflect your specific requirements prior to being copied and pasted into a GOVPROP job profile.
Legal and IP sample job description (Word document)
- Advise VPs, managers, associate directors and directors on complex intellectual property and related corporate and legal issues.
- Help identify and pursue strategies and actions for global patent protection.
- Handle IP issues relating to major transactions.
- Reliable and timely advice
- All required legal documentation including opinions, letters and motions
Job Out of Scope Items:
- Patent and trademark applications
- A J.D. and degree in engineering a plus
- 8 years of patent attorney experience in information technology patent prosecution and opinion work, preferably at least 5 years in private practice
- A State Bar admission and registration before U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with the federal acquisition environment required
- Effective communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate