Note: This sample job description is provided as an example only. Each section should be carefully updated to reflect your specific requirements prior to being copied and pasted into a GOVPROP job profile.
Government affairs sample job description (Word document)
- Support the sale of company services and products (or a specific company new business initiative) through the development and implementation of an effective, ethical government affairs program.
- Advise, implement, participate in industry associations; act as liaison to various groups/projects, etc.
- Develop relationships with key legislators and their staffs’/committee staffs and regulators to effectively channel the goals and desires of the company.
- Act as the funnel to company executives and technical resources for legislators and their staff.
- Enhanced relationships with key legislators and their staff in areas that align with our company’s objectives
- Successful removal of any legislative/budget hurdles
Job Out of Scope Items:
- Direct business development activities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In depth knowledge of DOMAIN or AGENCY
- Minimum 5 years experience with legislative and regulatory groups, lobbying and trade association participation
- Organizational and motivational skills
- Strong writing ability
- Strong verbal skills. Articulate. Concise.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Diplomacy skills