Note: This sample job description is provided as an example only. Each section should be carefully updated to reflect your specific requirements prior to being copied and pasted into a GOVPROP job profile.
Desktop publishing sample job description (Word document)
- Provides desktop publishing support for assigned proposals and other Business Development documents.
- Converts text from a variety of input formats into documents that comply with formatting and page count requirements.
- Integrates tables and other graphics to create complete documents in accordance with BD Operations production standards.
- Supports all aspects of proposal and document production related to formats, style, standards, requirements, software, and other processes that affect the production and quality of proposals and documents.
- Assists in determining appropriate (or required) software tools and formats needed to meet delivery requirements.
- Reviews Customer Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and assesses document production requirements.
- Works directly with proposal authors to ensure compliance with publication requirements and to solve production related problems.
- Coordinates through the Production Coordinate (or directly when delegated) with Graphics Artists to ensure production requirements are met and that all formatting is consistent and appropriate for the deliverable documents.
- When delegated, coordinates directly with the Print Shop and required to ensure the final documents are properly reproduced, bound, and packaged for delivery.
- When required or delegated, coordinates with proposal managers and authors to ensure input formats and standards are met. Also closely monitors proposal production schedule for compliance with input dates and milestones, and escalates to the product coordinator and proposal manager when scheduled activities are at risk.
- Properly formatted and compliant proposal documents
Job Out of Scope Items:
- Original proposal document development
- Graphics design
- Five years of proposal desktop publishing support experience.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Adobe is essential
- Must have excellent software skills and be able to apply them in support of a variety of proposal and document requirements. Must be able to understand guidance, direction and be able to execute the assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work virtually with internet connectivity and collaboration tools
- Ability to coordinate with reviewers, technical staff, and authors to outline, rewrite, edit, and format proposals that fully comply with customer requirements in terms of both content and format.
- Must be a team player and be able to effectively delegate work to others and accept work delegated by others. Must be able to plan effectively and adhere to schedules and deadlines. Must have a sense of timeliness in completing work and be committed to fully executing assignments.
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Willing to work overtime as needed on critical proposals
- Existing TS/SCI or ability to obtain. Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and able to gain TS/SCI security clearance.